- University of Houston 1986 BS in Electrical Engineering
- 2022 to present: Business Development for Abbot Benefits Group and Flashpoint Advisors. Both companies provided excellent service to me while President of URETEK. When I retired from URETEK, to pursue a reduced workload and to allow time for a more extensive travel schedule to see my grandchildren, both companies invited me to help them grow their respective businesses.
- 2007-2021: Executive at URETEK USA, a nationwide construction company in Tomball, TX. I came to the home office initially as their VP of Sales and eventually led the company as President.
- 1999-2006: Independent Sales Representative in Louisiana for URETEK USA.
- 1987-1999: Electrical Engineer for Fluor Daniel, and E&C firm in Sugar Land, TX.
I serve as a Deacon in our church. I also serve on the board of Directors of Village Schools International, a non-profit organization that builds and then operates high schools in small villages in Africa.
I’ve been married to wife, Karen, since 1987. We are recent empty-nesters, having raised 3 boys ages 23 through 28. The two oldest are now married, giving us a granddaughter in San Diego, CA and a grandson in Auckland, NZ. The youngest one graduates college in May 2022.
Why I Love My Job
I enjoy serving people. In my capacity at Abbot Benefits, I get to connect small businesses to the people at Abbot Benefits who invest the time to truly learn their needs, provide great options to help control their costs and then provide phenomenal services to make the entire process easier for the HR manager and the employees.